Reload Datatable in callback after performing Insert

  • juliebonniedaisy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
      I created a DataTable with:

      var myDataTable = new YAHOO.widget.DataTable("dt-container", myColumnDefs, myDataSource, myConfigs);

      since this creates the new object DataTable don't i now have an object "myDataTable" that I can call to go back to myDataSource with myConfigs and myColumnDefs to reload my dt-container?

      I have tried many things in my callback but I can't get it to reload to show the new data in the database. What is the correct way to reload the data please ?

      Thank you.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
        search the archives for a method called "requery". Take the most recent
        version you find. It doesn't work with all DataSources but for remote
        JSON or XML through XHR works nicely.

        Satyam

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
          I've just uploaded an example using the function to my web site:

          http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/2.6.0/requery.html

          (disregard the version in the folder name, it is actually running on 2.7)

          Satyam

          juliebonniedaisy escribió:
          > I created a DataTable with:
          >
          > var myDataTable = new YAHOO.widget.DataTable("dt-container", myColumnDefs, myDataSource, myConfigs);
          >
          > since this creates the new object DataTable don't i now have an object "myDataTable" that I can call to go back to myDataSource with myConfigs and myColumnDefs to reload my dt-container?
          >
          > I have tried many things in my callback but I can't get it to reload to show the new data in the database. What is the correct way to reload the data please ?
          >
          > Thank you.

        • juliebonniedaisy
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
            Thanks for the great info Satyam. It's all working now. Best Regards.
            John