YUI Calendar - How to get the calendar layout as attached?

  • Mohammed Arif
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009

      Just started to work on YUI though I am a JavaScript/jQuery developer, as expected got my very first question.

      We have got some requirement from our client, he is looking for slightly different layout of calender with some more options with time conversion.

      Expected layout wireframe is here:
      http://www.mohammedarif.com/test/YIU_calendar_ui.jpg

      Let me explain it further.

      I wanted to open the entire layout on clicking of a button with the closing option, how can I achieve that?

      Would it be configurable?

      Need to do the GMT conversion based upon the user selection from the drop down, where should I put that logic in the code YUI?

      Remind you, just using YIU very first time :)

      Any help, would be appreciated.

      Many thanks
      Mohammed Arif
    • theblargoner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
        I would suggest organizing your Calendar and other controls together onto some type of Container, for example a Dialog:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/container/dialog/index.html

        You can then show/hide the dialog as a whole.

        You'll need to do custom coding for the time conversion logic, using standard JavaScript Date functionality.

        I would recommend encapsulating all of your custom functionality into a widget. If you haven't already, check out Satyen Desai's article on creating custom widgets:

        http://yuiblog.com/blog/2008/06/24/buildingwidgets

        If you need more specific help, let me know.

        John

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Mohammed Arif" <arif_iq@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Just started to work on YUI though I am a JavaScript/jQuery developer,
        > as expected got my very first question.
        >
        > We have got some requirement from our client, he is looking for slightly
        > different layout of calender with some more options with time
        > conversion.
        >
        > Expected layout wireframe is here:
        > http://www.mohammedarif.com/test/YIU_calendar_ui.jpg
        > <http://www.mohammedarif.com/test/YIU_calendar_ui.jpg>
        >
        > Let me explain it further.
        >
        > I wanted to open the entire layout on clicking of a button with the
        > closing option, how can I achieve that?
        >
        > Would it be configurable?
        >
        > Need to do the GMT conversion based upon the user selection from the
        > drop down, where should I put that logic in the code YUI?
        >
        > Remind you, just using YIU very first time :)
        >
        > Any help, would be appreciated.
        >
        > Many thanks
        > Mohammed Arif

      • theblargoner
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
          Apologies, I mis-attributed the latter article to the wrong person. It's by Satyam, who is on this forum and has other useful examples here: http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/

          John

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "theblargoner" <theblargoner@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I would suggest organizing your Calendar and other controls together onto some type of Container, for example a Dialog:
          >
          > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/container/dialog/index.html
          >
          > You can then show/hide the dialog as a whole.
          >
          > You'll need to do custom coding for the time conversion logic, using standard JavaScript Date functionality.
          >
          > I would recommend encapsulating all of your custom functionality into a widget. If you haven't already, check out Satyen Desai's article on creating custom widgets:
          >
          > http://yuiblog.com/blog/2008/06/24/buildingwidgets
          >
          > If you need more specific help, let me know.
          >
          > John
          >
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Mohammed Arif" <arif_iq@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Just started to work on YUI though I am a JavaScript/jQuery developer,
          > > as expected got my very first question.
          > >
          > > We have got some requirement from our client, he is looking for slightly
          > > different layout of calender with some more options with time
          > > conversion.
          > >
          > > Expected layout wireframe is here:
          > > http://www.mohammedarif.com/test/YIU_calendar_ui.jpg
          > > <http://www.mohammedarif.com/test/YIU_calendar_ui.jpg>
          > >
          > > Let me explain it further.
          > >
          > > I wanted to open the entire layout on clicking of a button with the
          > > closing option, how can I achieve that?
          > >
          > > Would it be configurable?
          > >
          > > Need to do the GMT conversion based upon the user selection from the
          > > drop down, where should I put that logic in the code YUI?
          > >
          > > Remind you, just using YIU very first time :)
          > >
          > > Any help, would be appreciated.
          > >
          > > Many thanks
          > > Mohammed Arif

        • Mohammed Arif
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
            Sounds good John

            Will get back to you for more help once I will start on it.

            Thanks
            Mohammed Arif