Re: Re: [ydn-javascript] datatable doesn't work in ie8.0

  • Wayne Lin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi,Satyam

      Thanks for your help. I'm sorry that I didn't describe the issue clearly before. Now please look at the following pictures, I hope it's helpful.

      On the datatable , I can select the row, and the row is Highlighting.

      2.Second: I download the YUI to my computer, and visit the same link using the same browser.
       F:\download\yui\examples\datatable\dt_rowselect.html
      The datatable is different from Step 1. I can not select the row like step 1.

      Wayne Lin
      2009-06-01
      From: Satyam
      Receiver: ydn-javascript
      Time: 2009-06-01, 17:11:32
      Subject: Re: [ydn-javascript] datatable doesn't work in ie8.0

      Don't you feel like the description of the issue below doesn't quite
      match the description on the subject line? Is it that you can't select
      the row, as you state in your original message or that the cursor
      doesn't hint at the possibility of it being selected? Anyway, please
      file a report with your findings and please be clear about the issue.

      Thanks

      Satyam

      Wayne Lin escribi?

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
        If you can see the same code working correctly when served from a remote
        server and not when accessing it locally, then the JavaScript code or
        the libraries have no part in it. Probably the security settings on
        your browser limits the features available to your client. A more
        realistic comparison would be if you have a web server running on your
        machine, to access the same page via http://localhost/whatever. The
        JavaScript code and any library such as YUI, written in JavaScript
        completely ignores where it has been read from, it can find out, but it
        really doesn't really matter. It won't change its behavior based on that.

        The browser might assume that a file system type of URL comes from
        opening an infected attachment to an email, which is often the source
        for such URLs, and so restricts what it can do. How tight the security
        settings are depends on the manufacturer and version, the YUI library
        has no control over that. You probably have some icon flashing
        somewhere in the status bar of the browser signaling that you are on a
        restricted security zone. If you hover your cursor on any yellow or
        reddish icon on the status bar, it will probably tell you what's going on.

        Satyam

        Wayne Lin escribió:

        > Hi,Satyam
        >
        > Thanks for your help. I'm sorry that I didn't describe the issue
        > clearly before. Now please look at the following pictures, I hope it's
        > helpful.
        >
        > 1.First: I visit the link:
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_rowselect.html
        > On the datatable , I can select the row, and the row is Highlighting.
        >

        > 2.Second: I download the YUI to my computer, and visit the same link
        > using the same browser.
        > F:\download\yui\examples\datatable\dt_rowselect.html
        > The datatable is different from Step 1. I can not select the row like
        > step 1.
        >

        > Wayne Lin
        > 2009-06-01

        > *From:* Satyam <mailto:satyam@...>
        > *Receiver:* ydn-javascript <mailto:ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com>
        > *Time:* 2009-06-01, 17:11:32
        > *Subject:* Re: [ydn-javascript] datatable doesn't work in ie8.0
        >
        > Don't you feel like the description of the issue below doesn't quite
        > match the description on the subject line? Is it that you can't
        > select
        > the row, as you state in your original message or that the cursor
        > doesn't hint at the possibility of it being selected? Anyway, please
        > file a report with your findings and please be clear about the issue.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Satyam
        >
        > Wayne Lin escribi?
        > >

        > > I had try the examples in the users guide, it fails again.
        > >
        > > The mouse doesn't show hand-icon when move the mouse upon the
        > datatble..
        > >
        > > thanks.
        > >
        > > Wayne Lin, lxw927@... <mailto:lxw927%40126.com>
        > > <mailto:%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%3Elxw927@...
        > <mailto:%253C%2521--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%253Elxw927%40126.com>%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_END--%3E>
        > > 2009-06-01

      • razer2176
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
          It is because it cant find data.js on your machine. If you check this line:

          <script type="text/javascript" src="assets/js/data.js"></script>

          you`ll see. My guess, without looking further into the code, the datasource needs something from the data.js file.

          Download the YUI library and check out examples from there, that should work.

          greetings
          razer