Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Layout Manager (2.7) doesn't render on IE 6 and 7

  • manjunath patil
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
      hi please tell me how to change the color of layout manager units

      On 5/28/09, greglgerg <gregslyon@...> wrote:

      Dav, thanks for the quick reply.

      I was afraid it'd be something like that, but got thrown by it rendering in all of the other browsers. I was hoping against hope that when pulling an element into layout it also changed that element's type. I see now (via firebug) that I was incorrect in that hope.

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Dav Glass <davglass@...> wrote:

      > That is not a limitation in Layout Manager, you are trying to do
      > something that will result in invalid HTML markup.
      >
      > Layout Manager needs to work on free flowing independent elements.
      > Usually DIV's. It will wrap each unit in order to position
      > it and allow for the resize and scrolling.
      >
      > What you are telling it to do, is build markup like this:

      > Which is invalid markup and will not work. IE will definitely not work, FF and
      > Safari may appear to work, but they will cause problems later.
      >
      > Your best bet, is to remove the TABLE and make the TD's into DIV's.
      >
      > Does that make sense?
      > Dav

      --Snip--