Re: Re: [ydn-javascript] datatable doesn't work in ie8.0

  • Wayne Lin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009

      I had try the examples in the users guide, it fails again.

      The mouse doesn't show hand-icon when move the mouse upon the datatble.

      thanks.

      Wayne Lin, lxw927@...
      2009-06-01
      From: Satyam
      Receiver: ydn-javascript
      Time: 2009-06-01, 15:04:47
      Subject: Re: [ydn-javascript] datatable doesn't work in ie8.0

      Try a similar example to yours from the examples in the users guide.
      If they work, check the headers, specially the doctype. IE is trying to
      get away from its incompatibilities by supporting more than one mode of
      operation, one its own backward compatible standards incompatible way
      and the standards way, which are activated by the doctype declaration.
      If the example works, check the doctype and copy it to your page. That
      might work, I haven't installed IE8 yet. The YUI team has been working
      with IE8 since the very first betas.

      If the example fails, please report it.

      Satyam

      Wayne Lin escribi?

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
        Don't you feel like the description of the issue below doesn't quite
        match the description on the subject line? Is it that you can't select
        the row, as you state in your original message or that the cursor
        doesn't hint at the possibility of it being selected? Anyway, please
        file a report with your findings and please be clear about the issue.

        Thanks

        Satyam

        Wayne Lin escribió:

        > I had try the examples in the users guide, it fails again.
        >
        > The mouse doesn't show hand-icon when move the mouse upon the datatble.
        >
        > thanks.
        >
        > Wayne Lin, lxw927@...
        > <mailto:%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%3Elxw927@...%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_END--%3E>
        > 2009-06-01

        > *From:* Satyam <mailto:satyam@...>
        > *Receiver:* ydn-javascript <mailto:ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com>
        > *Time:* 2009-06-01, 15:04:47
        > *Subject:* Re: [ydn-javascript] datatable doesn't work in ie8.0
        >
        > Try a similar example to yours from the examples in the users guide.
        > If they work, check the headers, specially the doctype. IE is
        > trying to
        > get away from its incompatibilities by supporting more than one
        > mode of
        > operation, one its own backward compatible standards incompatible way
        > and the standards way, which are activated by the doctype
        > declaration.
        > If the example works, check the doctype and copy it to your page.
        > That
        > might work, I haven't installed IE8 yet. The YUI team has been
        > working
        > with IE8 since the very first betas.
        >
        > If the example fails, please report it.
        >
        > Satyam
        >
        > Wayne Lin escribi?
        > >

        > > Hello, everyone
        > >
        > > I'm using YUI Datatable components in my project, Now i found some
        > > issues, To visit a same service by using IE8.0, one machine's
        > browser
        > > can select the Datatbale row item, and another can't. Then
        > Firefox can
        > > both reach this on them.
        > >
        > > My question is "Should I do some settings in IE8.0 or install some
        > > plug-in to ensure the Datatable work in IE8.0 "?
        > >
        > > High appreciate to you if you can give me some suggestions.
        > >
        > > Best Regards
        > >
        > > Wayne Lin
        > > <mailto:%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%3Elxw927@...
        > <mailto:%253C%2521--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%253Elxw927%40126.com>%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_END--%3E>
        > > 2009-06-01

        > Date: 05/31/09 05:53:00

      • Wayne Lin
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
          Hi,Satyam

          Thanks for your help. I'm sorry that I didn't describe the issue clearly before. Now please look at the following pictures, I hope it's helpful.

          On the datatable , I can select the row, and the row is Highlighting.

          2.Second: I download the YUI to my computer, and visit the same link using the same browser.
           F:\download\yui\examples\datatable\dt_rowselect.html
          The datatable is different from Step 1. I can not select the row like step 1.

          Wayne Lin
          2009-06-01
          From: Satyam
          Receiver: ydn-javascript
          Time: 2009-06-01, 17:11:32

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
            If you can see the same code working correctly when served from a remote
            server and not when accessing it locally, then the JavaScript code or
            the libraries have no part in it. Probably the security settings on
            your browser limits the features available to your client. A more
            realistic comparison would be if you have a web server running on your
            machine, to access the same page via http://localhost/whatever. The
            JavaScript code and any library such as YUI, written in JavaScript
            completely ignores where it has been read from, it can find out, but it
            really doesn't really matter. It won't change its behavior based on that.

            The browser might assume that a file system type of URL comes from
            opening an infected attachment to an email, which is often the source
            for such URLs, and so restricts what it can do. How tight the security
            settings are depends on the manufacturer and version, the YUI library
            has no control over that. You probably have some icon flashing
            somewhere in the status bar of the browser signaling that you are on a
            restricted security zone. If you hover your cursor on any yellow or
            reddish icon on the status bar, it will probably tell you what's going on.

            Satyam

            Wayne Lin escribió:

            > Hi,Satyam
            >
            > Thanks for your help. I'm sorry that I didn't describe the issue
            > clearly before. Now please look at the following pictures, I hope it's
            > helpful.
            >
            > 1.First: I visit the link:
            > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_rowselect.html
            > On the datatable , I can select the row, and the row is Highlighting.
            >

            > 2.Second: I download the YUI to my computer, and visit the same link
            > using the same browser.
            > F:\download\yui\examples\datatable\dt_rowselect.html
            > The datatable is different from Step 1. I can not select the row like
            > step 1.
            >

            > Wayne Lin
            > 2009-06-01

            > *From:* Satyam <mailto:satyam@...>
            > *Receiver:* ydn-javascript <mailto:ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com>
            > *Time:* 2009-06-01, 17:11:32
            > *Subject:* Re: [ydn-javascript] datatable doesn't work in ie8.0
            >
            > Don't you feel like the description of the issue below doesn't quite
            > match the description on the subject line? Is it that you can't
            > select
            > the row, as you state in your original message or that the cursor
            > doesn't hint at the possibility of it being selected? Anyway, please
            > file a report with your findings and please be clear about the issue.
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Satyam
            >
            > Wayne Lin escribi?
            > >

            > > I had try the examples in the users guide, it fails again.
            > >
            > > The mouse doesn't show hand-icon when move the mouse upon the
            > datatble..
            > >
            > > thanks.
            > >
            > > Wayne Lin, lxw927@... <mailto:lxw927%40126.com>
            > > <mailto:%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%3Elxw927@...
            > <mailto:%253C%2521--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%253Elxw927%40126.com>%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_END--%3E>
            > > 2009-06-01

          • razer2176
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
              It is because it cant find data.js on your machine. If you check this line:

              <script type="text/javascript" src="assets/js/data.js"></script>

              you`ll see. My guess, without looking further into the code, the datasource needs something from the data.js file.

              Download the YUI library and check out examples from there, that should work.

              greetings
              razer