Re: datatable doesn't work in ie8.0

  • ¦½¨ÎÄ
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2009
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Lin"<lxw927@...> wrote:

      > Hello, everyone
      >
      > I'm using YUI Datatable components in my project, Now i found some issues, To visit a same service by using IE8.0, one machine's browser can select the Datatbale row item, and another can't. Then Firefox can both reach this on them.
      >
      > My question is "Should I do some settings in IE8.0 or install some plug-in to ensure the Datatable work in IE8.0 "?
      >
      > High appreciate to you if you can give me some suggestions.
      >
      > Best Regards
      >
      > Wayne Lin
      > 2009-06-01

      Ie8.0,i hear ie8.0 first time,that is interesting!
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
        Try a similar example to yours from the examples in the users guide.
        If they work, check the headers, specially the doctype. IE is trying to
        get away from its incompatibilities by supporting more than one mode of
        operation, one its own backward compatible standards incompatible way
        and the standards way, which are activated by the doctype declaration.
        If the example works, check the doctype and copy it to your page. That
        might work, I haven't installed IE8 yet. The YUI team has been working
        with IE8 since the very first betas.

        If the example fails, please report it.

        Satyam

        Wayne Lin escribió:

        > Hello, everyone
        >
        > I'm using YUI Datatable components in my project, Now i found some
        > issues, To visit a same service by using IE8.0, one machine's browser
        > can select the Datatbale row item, and another can't. Then Firefox can
        > both reach this on them.
        >
        > My question is "Should I do some settings in IE8.0 or install some
        > plug-in to ensure the Datatable work in IE8.0 "?
        >
        > High appreciate to you if you can give me some suggestions.
        >
        > Best Regards
        >
        > Wayne Lin
        > <mailto:%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%3Elxw927@...%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_END--%3E>
        > 2009-06-01

      • Wayne Lin
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009

          I had try the examples in the users guide, it fails again.

          The mouse doesn't show hand-icon when move the mouse upon the datatble.

          thanks.

          Wayne Lin, lxw927@...
          2009-06-01
          From: Satyam
          Receiver: ydn-javascript
          Time: 2009-06-01, 15:04:47
          Subject: Re: [ydn-javascript] datatable doesn't work in ie8.0

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
            Don't you feel like the description of the issue below doesn't quite
            match the description on the subject line? Is it that you can't select
            the row, as you state in your original message or that the cursor
            doesn't hint at the possibility of it being selected? Anyway, please
            file a report with your findings and please be clear about the issue.

            Thanks

            Satyam

            Wayne Lin escribió:

            > I had try the examples in the users guide, it fails again.
            >
            > The mouse doesn't show hand-icon when move the mouse upon the datatble.
            >
            > thanks.
            >
            > Wayne Lin, lxw927@...
            > <mailto:%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%3Elxw927@...%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_END--%3E>
            > 2009-06-01

            > *From:* Satyam <mailto:satyam@...>
            > *Receiver:* ydn-javascript <mailto:ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com>
            > *Time:* 2009-06-01, 15:04:47
            > *Subject:* Re: [ydn-javascript] datatable doesn't work in ie8.0
            >
            > Try a similar example to yours from the examples in the users guide.
            > If they work, check the headers, specially the doctype. IE is
            > trying to
            > get away from its incompatibilities by supporting more than one
            > mode of
            > operation, one its own backward compatible standards incompatible way
            > and the standards way, which are activated by the doctype
            > declaration.
            > If the example works, check the doctype and copy it to your page.
            > That
            > might work, I haven't installed IE8 yet. The YUI team has been
            > working
            > with IE8 since the very first betas.
            >
            > If the example fails, please report it.
            >
            > Satyam
            >
            > Wayne Lin escribi?
            > >

            > > Hello, everyone
            > >
            > > I'm using YUI Datatable components in my project, Now i found some
            > > issues, To visit a same service by using IE8.0, one machine's
            > browser
            > > can select the Datatbale row item, and another can't. Then
            > Firefox can
            > > both reach this on them.
            > >
            > > My question is "Should I do some settings in IE8.0 or install some
            > > plug-in to ensure the Datatable work in IE8.0 "?
            > >
            > > High appreciate to you if you can give me some suggestions.
            > >
            > > Best Regards
            > >
            > > Wayne Lin
            > > <mailto:%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%3Elxw927@...
            > <mailto:%253C%2521--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%253Elxw927%40126.com>%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_END--%3E>
            > > 2009-06-01

            > Date: 05/31/09 05:53:00

          • Wayne Lin
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
              Hi,Satyam

              Thanks for your help. I'm sorry that I didn't describe the issue clearly before. Now please look at the following pictures, I hope it's helpful.

              On the datatable , I can select the row, and the row is Highlighting.

              2.Second: I download the YUI to my computer, and visit the same link using the same browser.
               F:\download\yui\examples\datatable\dt_rowselect.html
              The datatable is different from Step 1. I can not select the row like step 1.

              Wayne Lin
              2009-06-01
              From: Satyam
              Receiver: ydn-javascript
              Time: 2009-06-01, 17:11:32

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
                If you can see the same code working correctly when served from a remote
                server and not when accessing it locally, then the JavaScript code or
                the libraries have no part in it. Probably the security settings on
                your browser limits the features available to your client. A more
                realistic comparison would be if you have a web server running on your
                machine, to access the same page via http://localhost/whatever. The
                JavaScript code and any library such as YUI, written in JavaScript
                completely ignores where it has been read from, it can find out, but it
                really doesn't really matter. It won't change its behavior based on that.

                The browser might assume that a file system type of URL comes from
                opening an infected attachment to an email, which is often the source
                for such URLs, and so restricts what it can do. How tight the security
                settings are depends on the manufacturer and version, the YUI library
                has no control over that. You probably have some icon flashing
                somewhere in the status bar of the browser signaling that you are on a
                restricted security zone. If you hover your cursor on any yellow or
                reddish icon on the status bar, it will probably tell you what's going on.

                Satyam

                Wayne Lin escribió:

                > Hi,Satyam
                >
                > Thanks for your help. I'm sorry that I didn't describe the issue
                > clearly before. Now please look at the following pictures, I hope it's
                > helpful.
                >
                > 1.First: I visit the link:
                > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_rowselect.html
                > On the datatable , I can select the row, and the row is Highlighting.
                >

                > 2.Second: I download the YUI to my computer, and visit the same link
                > using the same browser.
                > F:\download\yui\examples\datatable\dt_rowselect.html
                > The datatable is different from Step 1. I can not select the row like
                > step 1.
                >

                > Wayne Lin
                > 2009-06-01

                > *From:* Satyam <mailto:satyam@...>
                > *Receiver:* ydn-javascript <mailto:ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com>
                > *Time:* 2009-06-01, 17:11:32
                > *Subject:* Re: [ydn-javascript] datatable doesn't work in ie8.0
                >
                > Don't you feel like the description of the issue below doesn't quite
                > match the description on the subject line? Is it that you can't
                > select
                > the row, as you state in your original message or that the cursor
                > doesn't hint at the possibility of it being selected? Anyway, please
                > file a report with your findings and please be clear about the issue.
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > Satyam
                >
                > Wayne Lin escribi?
                > >

                > > I had try the examples in the users guide, it fails again.
                > >
                > > The mouse doesn't show hand-icon when move the mouse upon the
                > datatble..
                > >
                > > thanks.
                > >
                > > Wayne Lin, lxw927@... <mailto:lxw927%40126.com>
                > > <mailto:%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%3Elxw927@...
                > <mailto:%253C%2521--AID_FROMADDRESS_BEGIN--%253Elxw927%40126.com>%3C%21--AID_FROMADDRESS_END--%3E>
                > > 2009-06-01

              • razer2176
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
                  It is because it cant find data.js on your machine. If you check this line:

                  <script type="text/javascript" src="assets/js/data.js"></script>

                  you`ll see. My guess, without looking further into the code, the datasource needs something from the data.js file.

                  Download the YUI library and check out examples from there, that should work.

                  greetings
                  razer