Panel shadow is solid (not transparent) in IE8?

  • bretlevy
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2009
      I just installed IE8 to test with... :(

      The shadows behind panels, menus, etc are SOLID BLACK (looks awful). Has anyone noticed this? Is there a fix? I can't find anything searching...

      ~~bret
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
        Bret,

        Via Satyen, who is the curator of the Container code.

        The filter for IE was applied using a * hack prior to 2.7.0, resulting in it being ignored by IE8:

        .yui-skin-sam .yui-panel-container.shadow .underlay {
           *filter:alpha(...);
        }

        In 2.7.0, was changed to:

        .yui-skin-sam .yui-panel-container.shadow .underlay {
           filter:alpha(...);
        }

        You can add the above rule to your page if upgrading to 2.7.0 is not an option, but in general, for IE8 support, I'd recommend upgrading to 2.7.0 to get other IE8 specific fixes.

        -Eric