inline cell editing - how to allow empty date with DateCellEditor

  • rolfsf
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2009
      I'm trying to implement a datatable with a couple columns of editable dates, but in some cases the date needs to be empty (ie. a date has not been set). The cell can be empty, or maybe display a - or a -/-/- but if I have anything but an actual date in my data, I declares it NaN/NaN/NaN

      is there a simple way around this?
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29, 2009
        The built-in date formatter is quite dumb, this is the code for it:

        YAHOO.widget.DataTable.formatDate = function(el, oRecord, oColumn, oData) {
        var oConfig = oColumn.dateOptions || this.get("dateOptions");
        el.innerHTML = util.Date.format(oData, oConfig, oConfig.locale);
        };

        no provisions for null values.

        You can change this behavior for all the DataTable by redefining the
        above function. You simply add the corrected code at any place after
        the DataTable source file is included and before any DataTable is
        instantiated. Your definition will redefine the original one.

        You might also want to file a ticket at the yuilibrary site, that is the
        only way it will ever get into the library since that is the database
        the YUI team uses to organize their own work. And if you include the
        patched up function, you'll get it there faster.

        http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/newticket

        Satyam