Re: [ydn-javascript] yui datatable and jsf integration...

    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2009
      If at all possible, the AJAX exchanges should only contain raw data, not
      pre-formatted. Thus, you should send an URL (or the information to
      assemble one), not the HTML for a link and certainly not something
      containing hrefs of type "javascript: " or onClick attributes. The
      DataTable has several formatters built-in, which you can specify in the
      columns definitions array and, if none of them suits you, you can define
      a formatter of your own. The DataTable also provides its own mechanisms
      to respond to user interaction.

      If you don't have any control on the software running on the server, you
      might have to use parsers on the DataSource so as to strip those fields
      of any questionable extras and extract the raw information that the
      DataTable can work with.

      Satyam