yui datatable and jsf integration...

  • tplau@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28 8:38 PM
      Dear, my situation is this, I am using yui's datatable to display the information, and in the datatable, there is a column showing a hyperlink which is generated by JSF's commandlink tag. My problem is, as the JSF's commandlink tag will be processed by J2EE server to generate the corresponding js codes, and as I don't know what is the outcome, I cannot set the datasource be dynamic (e.g. using data exchange / ajax / json), I can only set the datasource be html markup, so that the commandlink will be processed before putting to the yui table. So I want to ask is there any better way for integrating JSF / yui datatable / ajax etc. Thanks, and hope the question is clear.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29 1:53 AM
        If at all possible, the AJAX exchanges should only contain raw data, not
        pre-formatted. Thus, you should send an URL (or the information to
        assemble one), not the HTML for a link and certainly not something
        containing hrefs of type "javascript: " or onClick attributes. The
        DataTable has several formatters built-in, which you can specify in the
        columns definitions array and, if none of them suits you, you can define
        a formatter of your own. The DataTable also provides its own mechanisms
        to respond to user interaction.

        If you don't have any control on the software running on the server, you
        might have to use parsers on the DataSource so as to strip those fields
        of any questionable extras and extract the raw information that the
        DataTable can work with.

        Satyam