YUI datatable

  • parth
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2009
      I have implemented a simple YUI datatable, with one column as priority.

      I want to change the row color whenever any cell in this column is edited using a raciocelleditor.

      Is there a callback function or anyhow I can do this?

      I looked up in the API but could not find any callbackfunction for that.
      There are some callbacks for saving the value to server and some other stuff, but it can not be used for this as it does not return handle to the current row.

      thanks and regards,

      Parth
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29, 2009
        You would listen to editorSaveEvent:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.DataTable.html#event_editorSaveEvent

        The listener receives a single argument (oArgs in the API docs) with
        three properties, editor, newData and oldData. The first one,
        oArgs.editor, is an instance of BaseCellEditor (actually, of the
        corresponding subclass of it) which has plenty of properties, amongst
        them, getRecord:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.BaseCellEditor.html#method_getRecord

        Check the other methods there, some you may need as well, for example,
        getColumn because, if you have cell editing enable in more than one
        column, you need to know to which column the cell being saved belongs
        to (usually doing a switch over the Column.key property).

        DataTable method getTrEl can take a Record as its argument and will give
        you the TR element that shows the record. Then you can use
        YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass, removeClass or whatever, to assign a different
        className to the row.

        If you don't see the style attribute for that custom className show
        through, you might want to read:

        http://satyam.com.ar/yui/widgetstyles.html

        Satyam