TreeView checkboxes disappearing with IE

  • evanne.shanley
    Message 1 of 7 , May 19, 2009
      Hello,

      I have implemented a TreeView widget (YUI version 2.7) where the nodes have checkboxes for multi-node selection. All works great using Firefox but when I bring the JSP up under IE, the checkboxes appear fine but if I mouseover them, they "disappear" from view. They re-appear if I mouse back over them.

      Is there something else I need to add to make the checkboxes function in IE?

      I build the tree dynamically, using an ajax call. The "div" I have is as follows:

      I build the tree programmatically as the page loads and set the following on the tree nodes:

      tree.setNodesProperty("propagateHighlightUp", true);
      tree.setNodesProperty("propagateHighlightDown", true);
      tree.subscribe("clickEvent", tree.onEventToggleHighlight);

      The functionality of the node is correct -- I think this is just an IE display issue. Has anyone seen this before?

      Any suggestions would be great.

      Thanks,
      Evanne
      Message 2 of 7 , May 19, 2009
        Haven't seen it before. What is the content of a typical node? Are
        they plain TextNodes with pure text or are there HTMLNodes which might
        contain some markup that confuses the mouseover process. Due to the way
        the nodes are build, a carry over from the earlier versions of YUI and
        kept for the sake of backward compatibility, the nodes are not
        highlighted on mouseover by simply defining alternative styles with the
        :hover pseudo-selector but by responding to the mouseover event and
        changing the actual className. The code that detects this might be
        getting confused. If you could show us the typical line of code you use
        to define a node and a typical content. It would be even easier
        (admittedly for us) if you could point us to a working sample, that
        would be great.

        Satyam

        evanne.shanley escribió:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I have implemented a TreeView widget (YUI version 2.7) where the nodes have checkboxes for multi-node selection. All works great using Firefox but when I bring the JSP up under IE, the checkboxes appear fine but if I mouseover them, they "disappear" from view. They re-appear if I mouse back over them.
        >
        > Is there something else I need to add to make the checkboxes function in IE?
        >
        > I build the tree dynamically, using an ajax call. The "div" I have is as follows:

        > I build the tree programmatically as the page loads and set the following on the tree nodes:
        >
        > tree.setNodesProperty("propagateHighlightUp", true);
        > tree.setNodesProperty("propagateHighlightDown", true);
        > tree.subscribe("clickEvent", tree.onEventToggleHighlight);
        >
        > The functionality of the node is correct -- I think this is just an IE display issue. Has anyone seen this before?
        >
        > Any suggestions would be great.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Evanne

      • kantti
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
          Hello,

          Have you managed to fix this problem? We are using treeview with checkboxes
          but we dont's use ajax. Although tree is built dynamically. Problem seems to
          be appearing on IE6 and IE7. I have seen it once also on IE8. I haven't been
          able to test it myself on IE6 or IE7 because I have only IE8. I have tested
          mostly on Firefox but all seems to be fine.

          -Antti

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
            Sorry for the delay, I've been disconnected.

            Could you place somewhere public a sample that shows this happening. I
            have tried to reproduce it based on the original description, with
            dynamic loading of the nodes, but it worked fine for me. I had
            suggested something to try but didn't get any further reply. I can't
            really do much about it if I can't see it. The segment of code below
            really doesn't help much, as Evanne says, it seems to be a display
            issue, not of functionality. Do you have all the files involved in
            their correct places?

            Satyam

            kantti escribió:
            > Hello,
            >
            > Have you managed to fix this problem? We are using treeview with checkboxes
            > but we dont's use ajax. Although tree is built dynamically. Problem seems to
            > be appearing on IE6 and IE7. I have seen it once also on IE8. I haven't been
            > able to test it myself on IE6 or IE7 because I have only IE8. I have tested
            > mostly on Firefox but all seems to be fine.
            >
            > -Antti
            >

            > evanne.shanley wrote:
            >
            >> Hello,
            >>
            >> I have implemented a TreeView widget (YUI version 2.7) where the nodes
            >> have checkboxes for multi-node selection. All works great using Firefox
            >> but when I bring the JSP up under IE, the checkboxes appear fine but if I
            >> mouseover them, they "disappear" from view. They re-appear if I mouse
            >> back over them.
            >>
            >> Is there something else I need to add to make the checkboxes function in
            >> IE?
            >>
            >> I build the tree dynamically, using an ajax call. The "div" I have is as
            >> follows:

            >> I build the tree programmatically as the page loads and set the following
            >> on the tree nodes:
            >>
            >> tree.setNodesProperty("propagateHighlightUp", true);
            >> tree.setNodesProperty("propagateHighlightDown", true);
            >> tree.subscribe("clickEvent", tree.onEventToggleHighlight);
            >>
            >> The functionality of the node is correct -- I think this is just an IE
            >> display issue. Has anyone seen this before?
            >>
            >> Any suggestions would be great.
            >>
            >> Thanks,
            >> Evanne

          • kantti
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
              No problem for delay. I noticed that this customer had version 2.6.0 and
              updated YUI to version 2.7.0. We will see if it helps, but I have little
              doubt because Evanne problem with version 2.7.0.

              I can't give you access to working sample, but I attach a file with some
              sample code ( http://www.nabble.com/file/p25853891/test_this.html
              test_this.html ). I wasn't able to write it in this reply.) I have modded
              treeview example with checkboxes so I'm not sure if problems caused by that.
              I beliefe that I have seen the problem only once, but I haven't been able to
              repeat it. Our customer has IE6. I managed to do some testing on IE6 and IE7
              on Microsoft Virtual PC, but I didn't see the problem. I think files are at
              right places because it works great for me. Although I noticed checkboxes
              disappearing when I downloaded files at the same time. However checkboxes
              came back itself. Our customer has to click again in tree to make checkboxes
              come back.

              Little info about code: Code can be little crappy as I'm not very good at
              JavaScript and YUI. I have copied example files from examples/treeview/ to
              jscripts/treeview folder. Place there also tasknode_ak.js. I marked changed
              parts in js-file with //edit.

              Thanks for the help. I will reply how it works with updated YUI.

              -Antti

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
                The functionality of the old TaskNode.js class shown in an example is
                now (since 2.7) part of all Node types in TreeView. There is no need to
                use that TaskNode any longer.

                See:

                http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/treeview/tv_highlight.html

                That class was never supported, it was meant just as an example.
                Anyway, that version of TreeView was before my time, if you can upgrade
                to 2.7 or straight to 2.8, it would be so much better, at least that
                would be something I can help with.

                Satyam

                kantti escribió:
                > No problem for delay. I noticed that this customer had version 2.6.0 and
                > updated YUI to version 2.7.0. We will see if it helps, but I have little
                > doubt because Evanne problem with version 2.7.0.
                >
                > I can't give you access to working sample, but I attach a file with some
                > sample code ( http://www.nabble.com/file/p25853891/test_this.html
                > test_this.html ). I wasn't able to write it in this reply.) I have modded
                > treeview example with checkboxes so I'm not sure if problems caused by that.
                > I beliefe that I have seen the problem only once, but I haven't been able to
                > repeat it. Our customer has IE6. I managed to do some testing on IE6 and IE7
                > on Microsoft Virtual PC, but I didn't see the problem. I think files are at
                > right places because it works great for me. Although I noticed checkboxes
                > disappearing when I downloaded files at the same time. However checkboxes
                > came back itself. Our customer has to click again in tree to make checkboxes
                > come back.
                >
                > Little info about code: Code can be little crappy as I'm not very good at
                > JavaScript and YUI. I have copied example files from examples/treeview/ to
                > jscripts/treeview folder. Place there also tasknode_ak.js. I marked changed
                > parts in js-file with //edit.
                >
                > Thanks for the help. I will reply how it works with updated YUI.
                >
                > -Antti
                >

                > Sorry for the delay, I've been disconnected.
                >
                > Could you place somewhere public a sample that shows this happening. I
                > have tried to reproduce it based on the original description, with
                > dynamic loading of the nodes, but it worked fine for me. I had
                > suggested something to try but didn't get any further reply. I can't
                > really do much about it if I can't see it. The segment of code below
                > really doesn't help much, as Evanne says, it seems to be a display
                > issue, not of functionality. Do you have all the files involved in
                > their correct places?
                >
                > Satyam

              • kantti
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
                  Damn, I didn't notice this functionality in 2.7. There is tasknode.js in
                  examples folder even in 2.8.0r4. I have already updated to 2.7.0b because of
                  problems with modal loading panel in IE (container component). If problem
                  still exist with customer using tasknode.js with version 2.7, I will replace
                  tasknode.js with this new functionality. Thanks for the info.

                  -Antti