AutoComplete - Setting Initial Value

  • bogoulet
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2009
      I'm using a couple of AutoComplete controls on my page. I'm searching Field A, submitting Field B. I have forceSelection=true.

      The problem I'm having is setting the initial value of the control when I initially load the page from data that's been previously saved. I progratically set the hidden field value, and the input field value from the key/value pair that was saved. At this point everything looks ok.

      Am I doing something wrong here? How do I properly set the _bItemSelected and/or _textMatchesOption() properly, so that when the input field loses focus, and the _onTextboxBlur() event is fired, the input and hidden field are not cleared?