Re: trying to use YUI Slider

  • Lucas Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2009
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "greenber1111111111" <greenber@...> wrote:

      > I'm trying to use the YUI slider. I use Dreamweaver and the
      > YUI slider extension. I can create a page full of sliders
      > and they operate well. I haven't figured out how to include
      > tick-marks or the scale for setting minimum and maximum settings
      > for the slider (say a minimum of zero and a maximum of 10) or how
      > to make the current settings visible while adjusting them. Finally,
      > how do I return the values upon a submit button push in a form?
      >
      > Thank you!
      >
      > Ross

      Ross,

      I've not used the Dreamweaver extension, but to specify visual tick marks for your Slider, you need to reference a different background image in your css. The scale is also not included out of the box, but you can see an example of both tick marks and scaling here:
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/slider/slider-ticks.html

      Check out the other Slider examples and these as well:
      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/slider/

      To submit the calculated value of the Slider with your form, you can have a change event subscriber assign the Slider value to a hidden input.

      Hope this helps,
      Luke