Re: [ydn-javascript] carousel navigation

  • Gopal Venkatesan (गोपाल वे
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4 9:53 AM
      On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 00:02 +0000, ikxne wrote:
      > is there a simple way to move the prev and next buttons to either side
      > of the carousel, rather than above the container?

      Hi ikxne:

      You can position the buttons by adding the appropriate CSS rules for the
      "yui-carousel-first-button" and "yui-carousel-next-button" classes.

      Additionally, the navigation can be completely customized as shown in
      the following example:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/carousel/csl_pagination.html

      --
      Gopal Venkatesan
      http://g13n.in/

      Note: if you see question marks (???) after my name above, then your
      mail tool is not Unicode enabled.
      You should see my name (Gopal Venkatesan) in Hindi (गोपाल वेंकटेसन)
    • ikxne
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5 7:44 AM
        hi gopal,

        thanks for the reply.
        i can see how to use "yui-carousel-first-button" and "yui-carousel-next-button" to change the buttons images and look, but i don't see how i can use those css classes to position the buttons outside of the "yui-carousel-nav" div which i believe i would need to do for the buttons to appear to the left and right of the carousel itself.
        i'm sure i am missing something.
        is the paginator required to reposition the navigation buttons ala netflix or bill scott's standard layout?

        thanks again, ikx