carousel navigation

  • ikxne
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2009
      is there a simple way to move the prev and next buttons to either side of the carousel, rather than above the container?

      thanks, ikx
    • Gopal Venkatesan (गोपाल वे
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2009
        On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 00:02 +0000, ikxne wrote:
        > is there a simple way to move the prev and next buttons to either side
        > of the carousel, rather than above the container?

        Hi ikxne:

        You can position the buttons by adding the appropriate CSS rules for the
        "yui-carousel-first-button" and "yui-carousel-next-button" classes.

        Additionally, the navigation can be completely customized as shown in
        the following example:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/carousel/csl_pagination.html

        --
        Gopal Venkatesan
        http://g13n.in/

        Note: if you see question marks (???) after my name above, then your
        mail tool is not Unicode enabled.
        You should see my name (Gopal Venkatesan) in Hindi (गोपाल वेंकटेसन)
      • ikxne
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2009
          hi gopal,

          thanks for the reply.
          i can see how to use "yui-carousel-first-button" and "yui-carousel-next-button" to change the buttons images and look, but i don't see how i can use those css classes to position the buttons outside of the "yui-carousel-nav" div which i believe i would need to do for the buttons to appear to the left and right of the carousel itself.
          i'm sure i am missing something.
          is the paginator required to reposition the navigation buttons ala netflix or bill scott's standard layout?

          thanks again, ikx