Re: YUI Uploader not triggering onUploadComplete or onUploadResponse functions

  • neon_zebra
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2009
      Having the same problem here. Also driving me nuts.

      I also have another clue: When I try using the upload widget in Firefox 3 (Mac OS X), the browser crashes. No other browsers seem to crash, but then again none of them trigger the uploadStart, uploadProgress and uploadComplete evens either.

      Perhaps the problem is in the flash object (swf file) itself. Anyone have any suggestions on debugging the flash movie? I tried installing the debugging version of the flash plug-in, but without access to the flash/actionscript source it doesn't really help much.....

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "scott_is_paste" <glitterandpaste@...> wrote:

      > This is doing my head in.
      >
      > I have attempted to follow this example to the letter:
      >
      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/uploader/uploader-advanced-postvars.html
      >
      > Prior to trying to use this component I had a basic upload form and php upload script
      > working just fine on my server.
      >
      > I ran into an initial problem when using this component where the "upload" function once
      > triggered seemingly did not even reach the upload script. Using the Logger component I
      > was able to see that a 500/ IO error was occurring.
      >
      > After some furious googling I found a post about Apache mod_security causing problems
      > with uploading with Flash. I managed to get things working by adding a .htaccess file to
      > the upload script folder with the following settings:
      >
      > SecFilterEngine Off
      > SecFilterScanPOST Off
      >
      > (see this post http://swfupload.org/forum/generaldiscussion/86)
      >
      > Unfortunately I now have another problem to deal with and I have not been able to find a
      > solution to it.
      >
      > I can now select files and upload them to my server just fine, however the "Progress" field
      > never changes from "100% uploaded..." to "Upload complete." as it should (upon the onUploadComplete event), and the "Data returned by the server:" textarea does not
      > display the return from my php upload script (upon the uploadCompleteData/uploadCompleteResponse event/function).
      >
      > As I say, the files do completely upload, and the Logger is tracing the completion and php
      > echo. Here are the last few lines from the Logger trace:
      >
      > INFO 35297ms (+3) 7:38:58 PM:
      > global
      > Hello, I am the return message from the php script
      > INFO 35294ms (+6) 7:38:58 PM:
      > global
      > Got data back for file0:
      > INFO 35288ms (+5433) 7:38:58 PM:
      > global
      > Upload complete for file0
      > INFO 29855ms (+71) 7:38:53 PM:
      > global
      > Progress for file0: 394426 / 394426
      >
      > Now if the Logger is recording this, why on earth are the javascript functions not being
      > called? Is the Logger tracing messages from Flash or is this coming from somewhere else?
      > Is Flash being told that the upload completed and is receiving the return data but this isn't
      > being forwarded onto the javascript (via ExternalInterface or whatever Yahoo is using
      > inside Flash)?
      >
      > Can anyone shed any light on this?

    • Allen Rabinovich
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2009

        Flash sends event messages directly to the logger, but if uploadStart, uploadComplete and uploadProgress events show up in the logger, they are also sent to the ExternalInterface; it should be a matter of registering your functions as listeners (as seen in the examples).

        Do you have an example of your code running somewhere? We can take a look at it to determine where the problem is occurring.

        Also, the ActionScript source for the uploader is included in the source code distribution, in the "as" subfolder. You can build it using the free mxmlc compiler from Adobe.

        Best,
        Allen

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "neon_zebra" <gpan@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > echo. Here are the last few lines from the Logger trace:
        > >
        > > INFO 35297ms (+3) 7:38:58 PM:
        > > global
        > > Hello, I am the return message from the php script
        > > INFO 35294ms (+6) 7:38:58 PM:
        > > global
        > > Got data back for file0:
        > > INFO 35288ms (+5433) 7:38:58 PM:
        > > global
        > > Upload complete for file0
        > > INFO 29855ms (+71) 7:38:53 PM:
        > > global
        > > Progress for file0: 394426 / 394426
        > >
        > > Now if the Logger is recording this, why on earth are the javascript functions not being
        > > called? Is the Logger tracing messages from Flash or is this coming from somewhere else?
        > > Is Flash being told that the upload completed and is receiving the return data but this isn't
        > > being forwarded onto the javascript (via ExternalInterface or whatever Yahoo is using

      • markedwardhaase
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2009
          Where can I download the mxmlc compiler? Is it available for mac os x?

          I tried compiling with SWFtools's swfc tool. Seems to work but not 100%, and I don't know if it's the tool or my own error.

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Allen Rabinovich" <allenrabinovich@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Flash sends event messages directly to the logger, but if uploadStart, uploadComplete and uploadProgress events show up in the logger, they are also sent to the ExternalInterface; it should be a matter of registering your functions as listeners (as seen in the examples).
          >
          > Do you have an example of your code running somewhere? We can take a look at it to determine where the problem is occurring.
          >
          > Also, the ActionScript source for the uploader is included in the source code distribution, in the "as" subfolder. You can build it using the free mxmlc compiler from Adobe.

        • tssha
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2009
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "markedwardhaase" <mehaase@...> wrote:

            > Where can I download the mxmlc compiler? Is it available for mac os x?

            mxmlc.exe is part of the Flex SDK: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=flex3sdk

            Regards,
            Thomas