YUI Carousel

  • Kenneth MacLean
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2009
      Does anyone know how to get the carousel control, when set to autoPlay, NOT to visibly scroll through all of the pages, but just reset the control back to the first page?
      I have a nice set of images that I've put into the carousel and it works great. But when the carousel control goes back to the first image, it slides through all of the images in backwards order before it displays the first image again.
      I've studied the properties, methods, and events for the control, but haven't been able to figure out a way to simply reset the carousel back to the beginning without the intervening scroll.
      Any help would be appreciated.
    • Gopal Venkatesan (गोपाल वे
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2009
        On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 20:23 +0000, Kenneth MacLean wrote:
        > Does anyone know how to get the carousel control, when set to
        > autoPlay, NOT to visibly scroll through all of the pages, but just
        > reset the control back to the first page?
        > I have a nice set of images that I've put into the carousel and it
        > works great. But when the carousel control goes back to the first
        > image, it slides through all of the images in backwards order before
        > it displays the first image again.
        > I've studied the properties, methods, and events for the control, but
        > haven't been able to figure out a way to simply reset the carousel
        > back to the beginning without the intervening scroll.
        > Any help would be appreciated.

        Hi Kenneth:

        Unfortunately the feature you're asking for isn't supported by YUI
        Carousel. Can you please file an enhancement request for the same?

        --
        Gopal Venkatesan
        http://g13n.in/

        Note: if you see question marks (???) after my name above, then your
        mail tool is not Unicode enabled.
        You should see my name (Gopal Venkatesan) in Hindi (गोपाल वेंकटेसन)
      • Kenneth MacLean
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2009
          Thanks Gopal. I will file an enhancement request.
          :-) Ken