Re: Javascript and Actionscript to Control FLV Playback Skin

  • tssha
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mov2046" <mov2046@...> wrote:

      > I have YUI running on an application that opens up a new panel displaying a flash video. When I play the video on the panel, everything is fine. But, when I close the panel with the javascript-enabled button, the video would still play even though the panel and video are "gone" from the html page.
      >
      > What can I do to stop the video from continuously playing after the panel is closed?

      Closing the YUI Panel(or even removing it from the document) does not necessarily stop the Flash video. You will need to explicitly stop it, before you close the Panel. I assume there is a "play" method exposed through ExternalInterface. Is there a "pause" or "stop" method on the SWF that can be invoked, as the Panel is being closed?

      Regards,
      Thomas