Problem with using DataSource

  • jr_searles
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2009
      I am trying to use the XHRDataSource with an AutoComplete widget. The DataSource is failing when instantiating the object. I stepped through the code and it is failing during the first call to create an event... this.createEvent("cacheRequestEvent"); (line 77 in the non-minimized code). I see that the DataSource is augmented by EventProvider, however the "createEvent" function is not available and causing the error. Any suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Josh
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
        I would check the dependencies, is Event loaded? Is it loaded just
        once? Are they loaded in the right order?

        jr_searles escribió:
        > I am trying to use the XHRDataSource with an AutoComplete widget. The DataSource is failing when instantiating the object. I stepped through the code and it is failing during the first call to create an event... this.createEvent("cacheRequestEvent"); (line 77 in the non-minimized code). I see that the DataSource is augmented by EventProvider, however the "createEvent" function is not available and causing the error. Any suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Josh

      • jr_searles
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
          Yes, that's what i initially thought so i verified that. All the dependencies are loaded in the same order as they are listed in the user guide. I am using the non-minimized versions for development.

          > I would check the dependencies, is Event loaded? Is it loaded just
          > once? Are they loaded in the right order?
          >
          > jr_searles escribió:
          > > I am trying to use the XHRDataSource with an AutoComplete widget. The DataSource is failing when instantiating the object. I stepped through the code and it is failing during the first call to create an event... this.createEvent("cacheRequestEvent"); (line 77 in the non-minimized code). I see that the DataSource is augmented by EventProvider, however the "createEvent" function is not available and causing the error. Any suggestions?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Josh

        • jr_searles
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
            I figured it out. Thanks for the response.