Re: 2.7.0 Datatable re-renders entire table on updateRow

  • Todd Wells
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2009
      Ok, I'm going to re-ping on this -- any ideas how to avoid this behavior? It appears new in 2.7.0.

      On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Todd Wells <ttopwells@...> wrote:
      I just updated an application to use 2.7.0 and 2.6.0, and one substantial change I can see is that it now appears that when dataTable.updateRow() is called, then entire table is re-rendered rather than just the updated row, which is really quite visually annoying (you edit one cell in-line and the whole table re-renders)! And the whole reason I updated to 2.7.0 was to fix another datatable issue I was having in 2.6.0.

      Note: I haven't changed my code that calls into datatable, I've only swapped out the datatable version that I'm using and now it's re-rendering the whole table.

      Any suggestions on a strategy to mitigate this behavior? I don't think I can deploy my app with it behaving this way.