Re: Problem with setForm and ®

  • tssha
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2009
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "hondo522" <crist.m@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I have a form that I am using setForm on. When one of the fields has a ® in it, set form is adding an extra special character to the value.
      >
      > Value Result of setForm() Resulting value
      > Levis® => Levis%C2%AE => Levis®
      >
      > Any thoughts?

      The name and field values are encoded via encodeURIComponent, before the data are submitted. The encoding produces the byte pair %C2%AE to represent the trademark symbol. At what point are you seeing the value displayed with the circumflex A? What encoding are you using to display the value?

      Regards,
      Thomas