removeTab

  • Rob Gunther
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2009
      I'm having troubles with removeTab in 2.7.  It is the first time I've tried it actually.

      I can do something like this fine:

      tabView.selectTab(1);

      The tab would be selected.

      But if I try this:

      tabView.removeTab(1);

      It crashes.  The error while in firefox debug is:

      M.get is not a function

      Is my syntax wrong or is it something else?
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2009
        Rob,

        removeTab takes as its argument the Tab reference, not the Tab's index:

        If you do tabView.removeTab(tabView.getTab(1)) that may solve your problem (getTab returns the Tab instance based on the index).

        Regards,
        Eric

        On Apr 29, 2009, at 7:05 AM, Rob Gunther wrote:

        I'm having troubles with removeTab in 2.7.  It is the first time I've tried it actually.

        I can do something like this fine:

        tabView.selectTab( 1);

        The tab would be selected.

        But if I try this:

        tabView.removeTab( 1);

        It crashes.  The error while in firefox debug is:

        M.get is not a function

        Is my syntax wrong or is it something else?

      • gunsuka.diamonds
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2009
          Thanks Eric,

          I found the following code works:

          tabView.removeTab(tabView.getTab(1));

          If I have three tabs (0,1,2) and I remove tab 1 does tab 2 become tab 1? I've not tried, but I suspect that would be the case.

          Can you do it by the item's ID name rather than an index number?

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
            Rob,

            removeTab always requires a Tab instance; getTab always requires the index value.  AFAIK, there is no public method for accessing a Tab based on the HTML id attribute.

            Regards,
            Eric