Space at bottom of grid in Firefox

  • Brendan Vogt
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 22, 2009

      When I create a standard layout with a left and right column there is a space on top of the page and at the bottom of the page.  In base-min.css, body is to margin:10px;  I took this out and it works fine in IE 7, but in Firefox there is just space at the bottom of my grid, how do I get this away?  I defined my own body tag in my stylesheet and set both margin and padding to 0, but it is still there at the bottom.

      Brendan
    • Brendan Vogt
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 25, 2009
        Is there no one that can help me on this?

        2009/4/22 Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...>
        Hi,

        When I create a standard layout with a left and right column there is a space on top of the page and at the bottom of the page.  In base-min.css, body is to margin:10px;  I took this out and it works fine in IE 7, but in Firefox there is just space at the bottom of my grid, how do I get this away?  I defined my own body tag in my stylesheet and set both margin and padding to 0, but it is still there at the bottom.

        Brendan

      • viruschidai
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 27, 2009
          try to set the gutter of bottom unit to 0.

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...> wrote:

          > Is there no one that can help me on this?
          >

          > 2009/4/22 Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...>
          >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > When I create a standard layout with a left and right column there is a
          > > space on top of the page and at the bottom of the page. In base-min.css,
          > > body is to margin:10px; I took this out and it works fine in IE 7, but in
          > > Firefox there is just space at the bottom of my grid, how do I get this
          > > away? I defined my own body tag in my stylesheet and set both margin and
          > > padding to 0, but it is still there at the bottom.
          > >
          > > Brendan

        • Brendan Vogt
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2009
            What do you mean?

            2009/4/28 viruschidai <viruschidai@...>

            try to set the gutter of bottom unit to 0.

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...> wrote:

            > Is there no one that can help me on this?
            >

            > 2009/4/22 Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...>

            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > When I create a standard layout with a left and right column there is a
            > > space on top of the page and at the bottom of the page. In base-min.css,
            > > body is to margin:10px; I took this out and it works fine in IE 7, but in
            > > Firefox there is just space at the bottom of my grid, how do I get this
            > > away? I defined my own body tag in my stylesheet and set both margin and
            > > padding to 0, but it is still there at the bottom.
            > >
            > > Brendan

          • Brendan Vogt
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2009

              I am still not able to take away the space at the bottom om my grid formation in Mozilla Firefox.  IE7 it works fine, but not Firefox.  Even if I set margin and padding to 0 in my stylesheet.  I'm not sure why there is a spacing beneath my grid formation.

              Where is Nate, he is normally quick to answer these type of questions.

              Brendan

              2009/4/28 Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...>
              What do you mean?

              2009/4/28 viruschidai <viruschidai@...>

              try to set the gutter of bottom unit to 0.

              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...> wrote:

              > Is there no one that can help me on this?
              >

              > 2009/4/22 Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...>

              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > When I create a standard layout with a left and right column there is a
              > > space on top of the page and at the bottom of the page. In base-min.css,
              > > body is to margin:10px; I took this out and it works fine in IE 7, but in
              > > Firefox there is just space at the bottom of my grid, how do I get this
              > > away? I defined my own body tag in my stylesheet and set both margin and
              > > padding to 0, but it is still there at the bottom.
              > >
              > > Brendan

            • Brendan Vogt
              Message 6 of 8 , May 9, 2009
                Hello??  Is there really no one that can help me??  I'm sure of it I am not the only one that has had this issue.

                Brendan

                2009/5/2 Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...>
                Hi,

                I am still not able to take away the space at the bottom om my grid formation in Mozilla Firefox.  IE7 it works fine, but not Firefox.  Even if I set margin and padding to 0 in my stylesheet.  I'm not sure why there is a spacing beneath my grid formation.

                Where is Nate, he is normally quick to answer these type of questions.

                Brendan

                2009/4/28 Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...>

                What do you mean?

                2009/4/28 viruschidai <viruschidai@...>

                try to set the gutter of bottom unit to 0.

                --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...> wrote:

                > Is there no one that can help me on this?
                >

                > 2009/4/22 Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...>

                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > When I create a standard layout with a left and right column there is a
                > > space on top of the page and at the bottom of the page. In base-min.css,
                > > body is to margin:10px; I took this out and it works fine in IE 7, but in
                > > Firefox there is just space at the bottom of my grid, how do I get this
                > > away? I defined my own body tag in my stylesheet and set both margin and
                > > padding to 0, but it is still there at the bottom.
                > >
                > > Brendan

              • viruschidai
                Message 7 of 8 , May 10, 2009
                  Can you post your code?

                  --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...> wrote:

                  > Hello?? Is there really no one that can help me?? I'm sure of it I am not
                  > the only one that has had this issue.
                  >
                  > Brendan
                  >

                  > 2009/5/2 Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...>
                  >
                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > I am still not able to take away the space at the bottom om my grid
                  > > formation in Mozilla Firefox. IE7 it works fine, but not Firefox. Even if
                  > > I set margin and padding to 0 in my stylesheet. I'm not sure why there is a
                  > > spacing beneath my grid formation.
                  > >
                  > > Where is Nate, he is normally quick to answer these type of questions.
                  > >
                  > > Brendan
                  > >

                  > > 2009/4/28 Brendan Vogt <brendan.vogt@...>
                  > >
                  > > What do you mean?

                • Brendan Vogt
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 11, 2009
                    I use version 2.7.0.  In my stylesheet I tried do this:

                    body{padding:0;margin:0;}

                    In IE there is no margin/padding after I add that code to my stylesheet, but in FF there is a margin/padding at the bottom.  Try it out with the grid generator and test it in FF.

                    Can you post your code?