Re: [ydn-javascript] XHTML support in YUI

  • Matt Sweeney
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 12, 2006
      Wouldn't be worth to have a function to display, post or save the DOM
      after modifications by the YUI so that people can visualize the
      structure of the document like it is seen by the browser?

      Feel free to submit that as a feature request for review:

      Matt

      Eric van der Vlist wrote:
      Matt,

      Le mardi 12 septembre 2006 à 11:19 -0700, Matt Sweeney a écrit :

      Hi Eric,

      Thanks for your message.   We are in the process of rolling in XHTML
      support.  Some of the utilities already convert the tag case before
      testing tagName.

      While converting tag case will get us closer to XHTML compliance, it
      will not make us fully compliant.

      To be precise, the first thing that made Firefox choke after I changed
      the media type to application/xhtml+xml on an application that works
      when served text/html seems to be an " " entity reference.

      But its a good start.

      Yes, indeed.

      We will continue to address this issue, the initial goal being to not
      break for this environment.

      That sounds very reasonable.

      One thing that would help us greatly is for people to log specific
      issues encountered in this enviroment:

      Maybe a stupid idea or something you're already doing but I was
      wondering how you manage to debug the YUI since it can perform quite
      intensive updates on the DOM.

      Wouldn't be worth to have a function to display, post or save the DOM
      after modifications by the YUI so that people can visualize the
      structure of the document like it is seen by the browser? That would
      also allow to validate this structure to check how conform it remains.

      Thanks for your answer (and thanks for the YUI)!

      Eric