Re: [ydn-javascript] Custom-doc, float and background image

  • Andy C
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2009
      Thanks Dav,

      Looks like good advice, I'll try it.
      Andy
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Dav Glass" <davglass@...>
      To: <ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:57 PM
      Subject: Re: [ydn-javascript] Custom-doc, float and background image

      Here's whats happening.

      When you are setting the node to float left, you basically take it out
      of the page flow. Since there is nothing else with a height, the
      body's height now becomes 0.

      If you look at the body in Firebug it will report a clientHeight of 0
      and an offsetHeight of 0.

      Try removing the float and setting margin: 0 on it instead of margin: auto.

      That should move the doc back to the left and still take up space for
      the background image.

      Hope that helps ;)
      Dav

      --