Re: [ydn-javascript] Hovering on sortable datatable column causes text resize

  • Todd Wells
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2 6:32 AM
      Unfortunately the code is in an app that isn't public yet, so I'll have to see if I can contrive an example. I'll email again if I come up with something. Thanks for your willingness to help.

      On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 1:12 AM, Satyam <satyam@...> wrote:
      I still have YUI 2.6 downloaded in my computer.  I tried the client sort
      column with Firefox, which is what I use by default, and couldn't
      reproduce the effect you mention.  Can you point us somewhere when we
      see it happen?  Does it still happen in later versions, if not, do a
      diff over the CSS files and look for differences in some style with a
      :hover selector.

      Satyam

      Todd Wells escribió:
      > I'm using YUI 2.6.0 with the sam skin and have sortable columns. When
      > you hover over the text on a sortable column, the text shrinks
      > slightly, which can create a flickering effect if you place the mouse
      > right on the edge of the text (very noticable with Firefox). I can't
      > figure out what CSS to change in order to stop the text resizing in
      > this way.
      >
      > Basically because the font size is different for the hover-over, the
      > browser can't make up it's mind whether you're hovering or not. The
      > font size gets smaller when you hover, then as you're mousing out of
      > the smaller font, the font gets larger, so then you're no longer
      > moused out, you're hovering, so the font gets smaller. Because the
      > font just got smaller, you're no longer hovering, so the font gets
      > larger and you're hovering again so the font changes, /ad nauseum/.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)