cannot get any interactive parts of YUI to work within my php system

  • chrisubaldi@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
      I chose the YUI scripts specifically for the table function but I do find a host of wonderful stuff here.
      i am running php5 on a linux server. i have been trying unsuccessfully to get even the most basic examples to work. For example, the DOM setXY example will display but I cannot get the cursor to move.
      A simple event example also did not work.
      I must be missing something obvious but I am completely confused.
      Any help or direction would be appreciated.

      Thanks

      Chris
    • Adam Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
        On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 06:27:42PM -0000, chrisubaldi@... wrote:
        > I chose the YUI scripts specifically for the table function but I do find a host of wonderful stuff here.
        > i am running php5 on a linux server. i have been trying unsuccessfully to get even the most basic examples to work. For example, the DOM setXY example will display but I cannot get the cursor to move.
        > A simple event example also did not work.
        > I must be missing something obvious but I am completely confused.
        > Any help or direction would be appreciated.

        Provide a link to your work if you would like us to help figure out what
        is wrong with your environment.

        -Adam
      • bretlevy
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
          Can you clarify something:

          1. the examples on the YUI site work (yes or no)
          2. the examples (or similar tests) when running from YOUR server work (yes or no)

          Assuming #1 is okay and #2 is where the problems are happening, then it almost certainly is a problem of the file structure or access rights to those files (YUI files). I, for example, upload my files under a limited user name that the web server can't access, then I run a script under a different user to change the user/group of the files so the web server can see them. If something like that is happening, even to a subset of the files, you'll get unexpected "fall back" actions (when optional pieces don't get loaded, for example).

          Anyway, if you post a link, I'm sure you'll get the answer you looking for!

          If #1 doesn't work, then the problem is in the browser (or to paraphrase a mechanic friend of mine -- It's a loose nut behind the keyboard (steering wheel). lol)

          ~~bret