Re: [ydn-javascript] inline Editor DropDownList data from database

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
      I was about to point you to this:

      http://satyam.com.ar/yui/making_your_own_datatable.html

      but it is sorely obsolete, most of it became useless with 2.6, either
      because it became part of DataTable or it works in some other way.

      So, how would I do it nowadays? I would use a formatter function and in
      that formatter function I would store the reference to the DOM element
      of the dropdown somewhere and start an async connection (see Connection
      Manager) to fetch the options. When the async connection returns, I
      would fill the DOM select element which I saved before. You could use
      the arguments property on the call asyncRequest to store the reference
      to the Select element so it is queued along the connection. Also, you
      could build a cache of options list so that further combos get to reuse
      the same query. Since JavaScript objects act like hashes, you could use
      the query for the dropdown as the key to the data and if you find it
      there then you don't need to go to the server.

      Satyam

      an0n73 escribió:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I'm new to YUI and have set up a datatable with inline editing. One of the fields has a dropdownlist for this. What I need is for the values in the dropdownlist to come from a database. I already have the existing datatable populated from a database using JSP. I now need to populate the dropdownlist using another datasource.
      > I can't find any examples for this. Can anyone help whether JSP or PHP or anything.
      >
      > Thanks

    • an0n73
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
        Thanks Satyam, I'll give it a try.

        As someone new to YUI, your articles have been very helpful!