Writing extension/plugin for YUI

  • howard chen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 2:50 AM
      Hello,

      Are there any recommendation on writing extension/plugin for YUI?

      Basically I have written one on based on the cookie.js (YAHOO.util.Cookie)

      But I have a few questions.

      Q1. Should I put my new function into existing namespace,
      e.g. YAHOO.util.Foo, or should I use my own namespace?

      Q2. Is YAHOO.register must be needed when finishing my extensions?

      Thanks.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 8:53 AM
        See:

        http://yuiblog.com/blog/2008/06/24/buildingwidgets