how to enable client side sorting of datatable or datasource?

  • shore.cloud
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2009
      I'm using datasource and datatable,each time datasource sends request

      to server then give parsed the result to datatable for rendering.

      However,

      The result xml response from a http request is sometimes not sorted

      well at server side,so I need to ensure this by sorting at client side

      again.

      Is there a build in schema for datatable or datasource to do this job?
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2009
        You can call the sortColumn function once the table loads, but that will
        cause a flicker. You might want, instead, to override
        DataSource.doBeforeCallback to sort the data yourself before it leaves
        the DataSource and the DataTable receives it. The built-in
        doBeforeCallback is empty, actually, it just returns one of its
        arguments untouched and whatever that function returns will be what the
        DataTable sees. Override that function and put a breakpoint in it to
        see the arguments, somewhere in there there will be all your data
        already converted to a native JavaScript array. You only need to use
        the native JavaScript Array.sort function on it and return that one.

        Satyam