Re: Animation problem on IE

  • vik_nuckchady
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30 9:20 PM
      Hi Adam and Jrbramble,

      First of all thanks for the prompt reply and sorry for making it hard as
      i could not readily post the code anywhere.

      However, the problem was indeed with the CSS. After some debugging the
      CSS as jrbramble suggested, the culprit was found and the problem is now
      corrected.

      Thanks again.
      vik

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jrbramble" <jrbramble@...>
      wrote:

      > Its got to be in the CSS. Try your script on an absolutely dumbed
      down page and see if you get any shaking. If not add the CSS in slowly
      to see what the issue is. Its possibly "float" is being mishandeled.

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "vik_nuckchady"
      > vik_nuckchady@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I am using YUI 2.7.0 to create a custom Widget module by extending
      YAHOO.widget.Module and it has a property which is an YAHOO.util.Anim
      object that would animate upon mouseover and mouseout events. The effect
      is an easeOut Easing and behaves very nicely (smooth transition) on
      FireFox (ver 3.06)

      > > However, on IE (ver 6.0.2900) it is horrible: as the Widgets expands
      and retracts (due to the easing), the div containers and their contents
      (images + text) from the YAHOO.widget.Module shake/tremble.

      > > Would anyone know why is that so ? Can it be corrected somehow by
      changing some attributes in the YAHOO.util.Anim objects ?