Scrolling Panel Body

  • pajryan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2006
      I am trying to get the body of the panel to scroll (at least
      vertically) when a large amount of content is displayed.

      I found the following response in the discusssions here:

      "If you only give the Panel a width, and then set the Panel body's
      height to a fixed height, and set the body of the Panel to
      overflow:auto, you will get the exact effect you're looking for."

      But this doesn't seem to work. Here is what I have done:

      I have set the ".panel .bd" class in container.css to be:
      height:500px;
      overflow:auto;

      My panel properties are:
      width:"400px",
      modal:true,
      fixedcenter: true,
      constraintoviewport: true,
      underlay:"none",
      close:true,
      visible:true,
      draggable:false

      The css defined height of 500px works (the panel is 500px high), but
      no scrollbar appears... the content will scroll with the mouse's
      scroll wheel, but no bar... strange.

      Any ideas?

      (OS 10.4 / firefox 1.5)
    • sasinemail
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "pajryan" <pajryan@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to get the body of the panel to scroll (at least
        > vertically) when a large amount of content is displayed.
        >
        > I found the following response in the discusssions here:
        >
        > "If you only give the Panel a width, and then set the Panel body's
        > height to a fixed height, and set the body of the Panel to
        > overflow:auto, you will get the exact effect you're looking for."
        >
        > But this doesn't seem to work. Here is what I have done:
        >
        > I have set the ".panel .bd" class in container.css to be:
        > height:500px;
        > overflow:auto;
        >
        > My panel properties are:
        > width:"400px",
        > modal:true,
        > fixedcenter: true,
        > constraintoviewport: true,
        > underlay:"none",
        > close:true,
        > visible:true,
        > draggable:false
        >

        > The css defined height of 500px works (the panel is 500px high), but
        > no scrollbar appears... the content will scroll with the mouse's
        > scroll wheel, but no bar... strange.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > (OS 10.4 / firefox 1.5)

        try setting height to fixed size such as height:"175px".
        This works for me.