DataTable "nesting withing a table" problem

  • Etienne Levesque Guitard
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2009
      While trying to integrate the YUI DataTable into a client's older
      website, which still uses tables for layout, I discovered that the
      currrent DataTable has some interface bugs when nested within a table
      (no matter what the complexity).

      --The Bug--
      The bug can easily be reproduced by putting your DataTable code
      inside a table. What you should see is that when you click on a
      header, the header change in color doesn't follow and stays stuck on
      a given header.

      Additionally, the header on which the color change (to indicate which
      column is being re-organized) is dependent on the TD it is in.

      For example, if my DataTable is contained in the last TD of the
      following:

      In which case, the 3rd TD, the color will be stuck on
      the third column header of your DataTable.

      --Is there a fix?--
    • frazer.jin
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 18, 2009
        yes, I just want to post the same issue. If anyone know this issue,

        Thanks in adventnce!

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Etienne Levesque Guitard" <etiennelg@...> wrote:

        > While trying to integrate the YUI DataTable into a client's older
        > website, which still uses tables for layout, I discovered that the
        > currrent DataTable has some interface bugs when nested within a table
        > (no matter what the complexity).
        >
        > --The Bug--
        > The bug can easily be reproduced by putting your DataTable code
        > inside a table. What you should see is that when you click on a
        > header, the header change in color doesn't follow and stays stuck on
        > a given header.
        >
        > Additionally, the header on which the color change (to indicate which
        > column is being re-organized) is dependent on the TD it is in.
        >
        > For example, if my DataTable is contained in the last TD of the
        > following:
        >
        > In which case, the 3rd TD, the color will be stuck on
        > the third column header of your DataTable.
        >
        > --Is there a fix?--

      • rik_phelan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1 6:41 AM
          I too have stumbled in to this problem when upgrading my site from YUI 2.5.2 to 2.7.0.

          It has taken a long time to diagnose. Restructuring to work around it is going to be prohibitively expensive. I will have to go back to 2.5.2 for now and will keenly await the arrival of a bug fix.
        • jennykhan
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4 3:48 PM
            Hi folks,

            This bug is being tracked here:
            http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/ticket/2527707

            including patch information. If you have additional details please add them to the bug.

            Thanks,
            Jenny