Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Drag point on element - not on mouse

  • Adam Moore
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
      On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 09:50:29PM -0000, traelnes wrote:
      > Thank! Of course... I have a follow-up question: If I "dock" the drag
      > element using the onDragOver it kind of works. But even better would
      > be to use onDragEnter on the target. Problem is that using
      > onDragEnter it will dock-onDragEnter then go back to the mouse-
      > movement then when reaching next target dock-onDragEnter. So drag
      > element flickers between the target and mouse-drag. I guess I must
      > override some function here to disable it from going back to mouse-
      > movement. Do you know which function handles this?

      This sounds like something worth adding a feature request for as there is
      not a straight-forward way to set up this docking behavior:

      One possiblity: when you are about to dock the element you could clone the
      element, place the clone in the docked position, and hide the element you are
      dragging. Destroy the clone and make the drag element visible if the drag
      continues outside of the dock area or the drag ends (positioning it once if
      necessary).

      -Adam