Re: [ydn-javascript] IM client [was: Does anyone want to help with a new project?]

  • Paolo Nesti Poggi
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 3:11 AM
      Hi jdfc713,

      For the IM part of it you might want to take a look at the PonderAid project.
      It requires a little of patience because the first public release is not out yet, however it will be in a couple of weeks.
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/ponderaid/

      A teaser comes here:

      PonderAid is a a XMPP/BOSH client based on YAHOO! YUI >= 2.5.2  and JSJaC.js (for jabber/BOSH communication).

      It supports Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera and Chrome. It can be added in 5 minutes to every HTML page that is written either in transitional or strict mode.

      It is being tested and used with the open source erlang Jabber server ejabberd.

      I'm currently dicussing with myself whether to release it as GPL or LGPL.  If you want to join in the discussion and have a motivated point of view, mail me personally at pnp at removeifnotspam eaktion dot com
      To get the flavor of it you can right now go see the SliderWindow and imagine an extra layer of tabs and other functionalities inside it for 1-to-1 and MUC conversations.

      Cheers, Paolo

      jdfc713 skrev:

      Okay, hopefully I got it right this time, seeing as how it's not visible from my profile page, LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE! But here it finally is, for the third time.

      For those of you who are into My Yahoo! web app development. I want to start a team project I'm currently calling 'Panty Raid'. The basic concept is a Super Poke clone with IM support and no "Buying" of actions. In addition, you could select which actions appear in your settings, report bugs to the developers, and whatever else anybody who jumps on board can dream up.

      Send me an email (jdfc713@yahoo. com) with the following re:
      I wanna go on a Panty Raid

      We'll bounce ideas back and forth and see what happens