Re: [ydn-javascript] Dialog cloning - performance boost

  • Yunfei Wu
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
      Showing simultaneously is the killing part of your description, afa i know Dialog have a focus first element method fire when it render or show or get content refreshed, so it kind of meant to be stay alone on the page. my suggestion is to associate everything which are not going to show at the same time with a Dialog, and then use overlay manager to manger those Dialogs.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
        Thx for your answer, but in my situtation i cannot create all dialogs
        in the first place and just show/hide them with Overlay Manager, because
        their number can vary from 1 to 20 or anything.

        I ask if there is a way to create a clone method in Dialog that copies
        the javascript object and all the event listeners, autocompletes etc
        that were attached in the corresponding <form> element, without running
        my custom method for every newly created Dialog.