how to know if data table dom has loaded?

  • traderashish
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
      I need to execute some javascript to manipulate data table elements after it has loaded with
      all data and elements.

      I tried putting code in window.onload and jquery ready function but both appear to execute
      before data table loads. ( I put alert in both and both alerts came before data table rendered)

      what can i use to know that full datatable with data has loaded and then execute some
      javascript?
    • valentin_jacquemin
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
        Hello,
        To do that you can use the onAvailable static method in the Event class like this:

            Event.onAvailable('dataTableId', function(){//the table is available and ready to be modified here});

        Hope it will help,
        Valentin Jacquemin

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
          Listen to initEvent, it will fire the first time the DataTable is drawn

          Satyam