YUI PieChart Onmouseover display Information

  • Mayank Desai
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      Hello,
      I am using YUI chart in my application, and in the pie chart onmouseover I am able to display name,count and percenate.Now i want to display one more field (like Active names and count ie: Active:10,Inactive:2 )  too.

      Code which i am using for piechart is shown below.Pls give me a solution for this.

      opinionData.responseSchema = { fields: [

      "Name", "Count","ID" ] };

      var

      mychart = new YAHOO.widget.PieChart( "ChartPie", opinionData,

      {

      dataField:

      "Count",

      categoryField:

      "Name",

      series: [{}],

      expressInstall:

      "../yui/examples/charts/assets/expressinstall.swf"

      });

    • tripp.bridges
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
        Hi Mayank,
        I am not sure that I understand your question. The Pie Chart will only
        show individual values as a percentage of the total. The only data
        available from the chart to your datatip function is the category and
        data field. If you need to add more data to on your mouseover, you
        would need to handle it outside of the chart. Perhaps, you could map
        each category to an object that would contain the additional data that
        you need. If I am misunderstanding your question, please clarify. Also
        send a test link or your full code for the chart so I can better
        understand.

        Thanks,
        Tripp
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Mayank Desai <mayank.desai@...>