YUI Event and sending params to callbackfunction

  • ragtek_ragga
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      Is it possible to send params like i'm trying here:

      YAHOO.util.Event.on(sendtweetforminput, 'keyup',
      this.CharChange('twittercharcount', 'twitter_tweet'), this, true);

      ATM its not working for me, but don't know if it's because of this, or
      i have an other error in the code
    • valentin_jacquemin
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
        Hello,

        Yes it is possible but you  missused the function. Here is what the doc  states for the parameters:
        el <String|HTMLElement|Array|NodeListAn id, an element reference, or a collection of ids and/or elements to assign the listener to.
        sType <StringThe type of event to append
        fn <FunctionThe method the event invokes
        obj <ObjectAn arbitrary object that will be passed as a parameter to the handler
        overrideContext <Boolean|objectIf true, the obj passed in becomes the execution context of the listener. If an object, this object becomes the execution context.

        So in your case here is what would be the result:
        YAHOO.util.Event.on(endtweetforminput, 'keyup',CharChange, {count: <your value>, tweet: <your value>}, this, true);

        Hope it will be helpfull.

        Valentin Jacquemin