Re: What is the preferred javascript debugger for Internet Explorer?

  • ohadaston
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 5:59 AM
      Visual Studio or Microsoft Script Editor

      If you want to debug javascript add to your code the following line:

      debugger;

      This line will behave like breakpoint.

      When IE gets to that line, it will ask you if you want to debug the
      script and you'll have list of debuggers. Visual Studio is the best
      option (if you has it installed).
      (The message is: An unhandled exception ('Script Breakpoint') occured
      in iexplorer.exe)

      BTW this line works also for FireBug.

      Visual studio debugger is GREAT debugger. I don't know if you can
      debug with the Express version, but if you don't have the full
      version you can try with the express:
      http://www.microsoft.com/Express/

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "evanmeeks@..."