Re: [ydn-javascript] Uploader: changing the offset each time uploadProgress is called

  • Alexandros Vellis
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
      On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:07:17 -0000
      "bj4fr" <jumbay@...> wrote:

      > I'm using the uploader, which is a great widget, but I was wondering
      > if we can change the offset each time the uploadProgress is called.

      What do you mean by "offset"?

      > I've also another question, is there a way to get the local file path
      > when you pick it with browser window (ex: C:\myFile.jpg)?

      No, Flash disallows that.

      --
      Alexandros Vellis
      National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
        I mean the time the uploader is firing the uploadProgress event. I'd
        like to set lower time between each event that fires.
      • Allen Rabinovich
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
          Unfortunately, that's also outside of developer's control. The timing of the events is
          dependent on how often Flash can poll the TCP socket it creates, which differs depending on
          the size of the file and speed of the upload. The frequency at which Flash provides these
          events is the highest possible given a specific situation.

          Best,
          Allen

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2009
            Ok, thanks for your answers.

            I've got an other question about the function uploadAll. Normaly the
            queue is automaticaly managed, but i noticed that once I start the
            upload (by calling uploadAll function), if I'm adding some file to the
            queue, these one will not be managed. Is that normal?

            Thanks again

            JB