Re: Paginator and Progressive Markup

  • C.Everson
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
      On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 06:48:37 -0000, Lucas Smith wrote:

      > [snip]
      > You should be able to omit the .loader2 #demo and just clear the
      > html.className since you're definitively setting the value rather than
      > doing any cautious add/remove. I'm sure there are a number of ways to
      > skin the cat, so whatever works for you is great. You might keep in
      > mind that depending on where your js is located on the page,
      > containing the html.className update (or most code in many cases)
      > inside the onDOMReady callback isn't necessary. The DOM above the
      > currently executing script is loaded and modifiable by that time.

      Hi Luke,

      Thanks for the feedback.

      Since YUI removeClass uses an ID and I don't have one for the <html> tag,
      then will this do it?

      document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].className = '';

      It seems to work, but I don't want to create any memory leaks or problems.

      Also thanks for the heads up about the DOM being ready above the callback.

      Chuck
    • Lucas Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "C.Everson" <cje@...> wrote:

        > On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 06:48:37 -0000, Lucas Smith wrote:
        >
        > > [snip]
        > > You should be able to omit the .loader2 #demo and just clear the
        > > html.className since you're definitively setting the value rather than
        > > doing any cautious add/remove. I'm sure there are a number of ways to
        > > skin the cat, so whatever works for you is great. You might keep in
        > > mind that depending on where your js is located on the page,
        > > containing the html.className update (or most code in many cases)
        > > inside the onDOMReady callback isn't necessary. The DOM above the
        > > currently executing script is loaded and modifiable by that time.
        >
        > Hi Luke,
        >
        > Thanks for the feedback.
        >
        > Since YUI removeClass uses an ID and I don't have one for the <html>
        tag,
        > then will this do it?
        >
        > document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].className = '';
        >
        > It seems to work, but I don't want to create any memory leaks or
        problems.

        That's exactly right. That won't cause any leaks.

        > Also thanks for the heads up about the DOM being ready above the
        callback.

        > Chuck

        Glad to help,
        Luke
      • C.Everson
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
          On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 21:29:39 -0000, Lucas Smith wrote:
          >> then will this do it?
          >> document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].className = '';
          >> It seems to work, but I don't want to create any memory leaks or problems.
          >
          > That's exactly right. That won't cause any leaks.

          Thanks for the confirmation!

          > Glad to help,

          You folks are the best!

          Chuck