Re: Uploader: changing the offset each time uploadProgress is called

  • bj4fr
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2009
      There are no way to change it?/:)
    • Alexandros Vellis
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
        On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:07:17 -0000
        "bj4fr" <jumbay@...> wrote:

        > I'm using the uploader, which is a great widget, but I was wondering
        > if we can change the offset each time the uploadProgress is called.

        What do you mean by "offset"?

        > I've also another question, is there a way to get the local file path
        > when you pick it with browser window (ex: C:\myFile.jpg)?

        No, Flash disallows that.

        --
        Alexandros Vellis
        National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
          I mean the time the uploader is firing the uploadProgress event. I'd
          like to set lower time between each event that fires.
        • Allen Rabinovich
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
            Unfortunately, that's also outside of developer's control. The timing of the events is
            dependent on how often Flash can poll the TCP socket it creates, which differs depending on
            the size of the file and speed of the upload. The frequency at which Flash provides these
            events is the highest possible given a specific situation.

            Best,
            Allen

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2009
              Ok, thanks for your answers.

              I've got an other question about the function uploadAll. Normaly the
              queue is automaticaly managed, but i noticed that once I start the
              upload (by calling uploadAll function), if I'm adding some file to the
              queue, these one will not be managed. Is that normal?

              Thanks again

              JB