newbie trying tooltip

  • pmollomo
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27 7:45 PM
      i'd like to use yui server option instead of downloading/uploading
      yui files to my server. (using wamp server local machine for web dev).

      i'm lost about where to create div id's (sounds like css?) and
      clueless about yahoo widget containers. here's how i've included in
      app; you'll see i'm putting script in <head> and guessing on the
      widget.Tooltip is supposed to go.

      i'm not finding these basic steps in the documentation.

      thanks for help or direction.

      <head>
      <!-- Dependencies -->
      <script type="text/javascript"
      src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-
      event.js"></script>

      <!-- OPTIONAL: Animation (only required if using ContainerEffect) -->
      <script type="text/javascript"
      src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/animation/animation-
      min.js"></script>

      <!-- OPTIONAL: Connection (only required if using
      Dialog/SimpleDialog) -->
      <script type="text/javascript"
      src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/connection/connection-
      min.js"></script>

      <!-- OPTIONAL: Drag & Drop (only required if enabling Drag & Drop for
      Panel/Dialog/SimpleDialog) -->
      <script type="text/javascript"
      src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/dragdrop/dragdrop-
      min.js"></script>

      <!-- OPTIONAL: YUI Button (only required if using Dialog/SimpleDialog
      with YUI Buttons) -->
      <!--
      You only need to include element and button if you're using
      Dialog or SimpleDialog
      and want the Dialog or SimpleDialog to use YUI Buttons, instead
      of HTML Buttons
      -->
      <script type="text/javascript"
      src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/element/element-
      min.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript"
      src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/button/button-
      min.js"></script>

      <!-- Source file -->
      <script type="text/javascript"
      src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/container/container-
      min.js"></script>

      YAHOO.example.container.tt1 = new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip("tt1",
      {
      context:"ctx",
      text:"My
      text was set using the 'text' configuration property" });
      YAHOO.example.container.tt2 = new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip("tt2",
      { context:"link" });

      </head>

      over me to see a Tooltip!</a>

      <input type="submit" value="Process" class="buttons">

    • Arnel