Difference between container.js and container_core.js

  • Whitcraft, Jon
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2006

      What is the difference between the two if I just want to make a panel like this one?

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/panel.html

      Can I use container_core.js or do I need the container.js?

      Thanks.

      Jon Whitcraft
      Indianapolis Motor Speedway
      jwhitcraft@...

      Phone: (317) 492-8623 :: Fax: (317) 492-6419

      ********************
      ********************
      This E-mail (and attachments) may contain confidential/privileged information intended only for the named addressee(s). If you are not an intended recipient, do not read, copy, disseminate or take any action based on the content of this E-mail. Please notify the sender by reply E-mail and erase this E-mail from your system. Your assistance is appreciated. E-mail transmission may not be secure or error-free. The company is not responsible for any loss/damage arising from any virus transmitted.
      ********************
      ********************
    • Thomas S. Sha
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Whitcraft, Jon"
        <jwhitcraft@...> wrote:

        > What is the difference between the two if I just want to make a panel
        > like this one?
        >

        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/panel.html
        >

        > Can I use container_core.js or do I need the container.js?

        If you wish to implement Panel, as described in the example, you will
        need container.js. File container_core.js provides Module and Overlay
        which allow you to customise your own containers starting with basic
        configurations and behaviors without the overhead and specificity of
        Panel, Dialog, Tooltip, etc.

        Regards,
        Thomas
      • Whitcraft, Jon