Re: Yahoo Menus erasing the ASP.Net dropdownlist in IE6.

  • prafulam_2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
      Hi,

      Problem solved.
      As mentioned I was hiding the menu by setting the div 'MenuContainer'
      style to 'Display:none'.
      Now I just added 'objMenu.Hide()' before setting the div style and it
      worked. I think the markup gets cleaned by hide() method.
      But surprisingly I didn't find this method documented for
      'YAHOO.widget.Menu' or 'YAHOO.widget.MenuModule' class.

      Thanks anyways,
      Prafulla

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "prafulam_2000"

      > I have created a server control which renders the yahoo menu inside a
      > div (say 'MenuContainer'). Above this div 'MenuContainer' I have
      > placed one more custom control - 'AAButton'. On mouse over event of
      > 'AAButton', I am displaying the div 'MenuContainer' in which menu is
      > rendered. Thus yahoo menu is poped up below the AAButton.
      > Now I have put a drop down list control under the AA button, the yahoo
      > menu pops up above the drop down list. Up to this point everything
      > works fine. But when I move the mouse out of the menu, the
      > div'MenuContainer'-style is set to 'display:none' this hides the menu
      > but erases the portion of dropdownlist above which the menu was
      rendered.
      > Also if I put the textbox in place of dropdownlist, the mouse cursor
      > doesn't change into Text-cursor, and mouse clicks dont work once menus
      > are rendered abouve it.
      > The custom button stop responding the mouse clicks once menus are
      > rendered above it.
      > This behavior is only observed in IE6, not in FireFox nor even in IE7.
      > I tried changing the z-index in the menu css but that didn't work.
      > Please let me know if there is some solution for this issue.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Prafulla

    • Joseph Woolley
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006

        Prafulla and all,

        I experienced a similar issue, except that I was using el.parentNode.removeChild(el); to remove the menu from the display and dom.

        What I discovered is that YUI creates a transparent (or matte) IFRAME element just after the Panel DIV element to render the shadow (or matte) underlay.  The Panel.hide() method obviously knows to remove that. ;)

        Now, I wonder if it is possible for the underlay IFRAME to be added as a child of the Panel DIV since it is likely Position: absolute.

        // Joe

        As mentioned I was hiding the menu by setting the div 'MenuContainer'
        style to 'Display:none' .
        Now I just added 'objMenu.Hide( )' before setting the div style and it
        worked. I think the markup gets cleaned by hide() method.
        But surprisingly I didn't find this method documented for
        'YAHOO.widget. Menu' or 'YAHOO.widget. MenuModule' class.

        Thanks anyways,
        Prafulla

        --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "prafulam_2000"

        > I have created a server control which renders the yahoo menu inside a
        > div (say 'MenuContainer' ). Above this div 'MenuContainer' I have
        > placed one more custom control - 'AAButton'. On mouse over event of
        > 'AAButton', I am displaying the div 'MenuContainer' in which menu is
        > rendered. Thus yahoo menu is poped up below the AAButton.
        > Now I have put a drop down list control under the AA button, the yahoo
        > menu pops up above the drop down list. Up to this point everything
        > works fine. But when I move the mouse out of the menu, the
        > div'MenuContainer' -style is set to 'display:none' this hides the menu
        > but erases the portion of dropdownlist above which the menu was
        rendered.
        > Also if I put the textbox in place of dropdownlist, the mouse cursor
        > doesn't change into Text-cursor, and mouse clicks dont work once menus
        > are rendered abouve it.
        > The custom button stop responding the mouse clicks once menus are
        > rendered above it.
        > This behavior is only observed in IE6, not in FireFox nor even in IE7.
        > I tried changing the z-index in the menu css but that didn't work.
        > Please let me know if there is some solution for this issue.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Prafulla

      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
          Prafulla -

          For clarification: "hide" is inherited from
          YAHOO.widget.Module, that is probably why you didn't
          see it. For future reference:

          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/container/YAHOO.widget.Module.html

          Hope that helps.

          - Todd