Yahoo Menus erasing the ASP.Net dropdownlist in IE6.

  • prafulam_2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
      I have created a server control which renders the yahoo menu inside a
      div (say 'MenuContainer'). Above this div 'MenuContainer' I have
      placed one more custom control - 'AAButton'. On mouse over event of
      'AAButton', I am displaying the div 'MenuContainer' in which menu is
      rendered. Thus yahoo menu is poped up below the AAButton.
      Now I have put a drop down list control under the AA button, the yahoo
      menu pops up above the drop down list. Up to this point everything
      works fine. But when I move the mouse out of the menu, the
      div'MenuContainer'-style is set to 'display:none' this hides the menu
      but erases the portion of dropdownlist above which the menu was rendered.
      Also if I put the textbox in place of dropdownlist, the mouse cursor
      doesn't change into Text-cursor, and mouse clicks dont work once menus
      are rendered abouve it.
      The custom button stop responding the mouse clicks once menus are
      rendered above it.
      This behavior is only observed in IE6, not in FireFox nor even in IE7.
      I tried changing the z-index in the menu css but that didn't work.
      Please let me know if there is some solution for this issue.

      Thanks in advance,
      Prafulla
    • prafulam_2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
        Hi,

        Problem solved.
        As mentioned I was hiding the menu by setting the div 'MenuContainer'
        style to 'Display:none'.
        Now I just added 'objMenu.Hide()' before setting the div style and it
        worked. I think the markup gets cleaned by hide() method.
        But surprisingly I didn't find this method documented for
        'YAHOO.widget.Menu' or 'YAHOO.widget.MenuModule' class.

        Thanks anyways,
        Prafulla

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "prafulam_2000"

        > I have created a server control which renders the yahoo menu inside a
        > div (say 'MenuContainer'). Above this div 'MenuContainer' I have
        > placed one more custom control - 'AAButton'. On mouse over event of
        > 'AAButton', I am displaying the div 'MenuContainer' in which menu is
        > rendered. Thus yahoo menu is poped up below the AAButton.
        > Now I have put a drop down list control under the AA button, the yahoo
        > menu pops up above the drop down list. Up to this point everything
        > works fine. But when I move the mouse out of the menu, the
        > div'MenuContainer'-style is set to 'display:none' this hides the menu
        > but erases the portion of dropdownlist above which the menu was
        rendered.
        > Also if I put the textbox in place of dropdownlist, the mouse cursor
        > doesn't change into Text-cursor, and mouse clicks dont work once menus
        > are rendered abouve it.
        > The custom button stop responding the mouse clicks once menus are
        > rendered above it.
        > This behavior is only observed in IE6, not in FireFox nor even in IE7.
        > I tried changing the z-index in the menu css but that didn't work.
        > Please let me know if there is some solution for this issue.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Prafulla

      • Joseph Woolley
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006

          Prafulla and all,

          I experienced a similar issue, except that I was using el.parentNode.removeChild(el); to remove the menu from the display and dom.

          What I discovered is that YUI creates a transparent (or matte) IFRAME element just after the Panel DIV element to render the shadow (or matte) underlay.  The Panel.hide() method obviously knows to remove that. ;)

          Now, I wonder if it is possible for the underlay IFRAME to be added as a child of the Panel DIV since it is likely Position: absolute.

          // Joe

          As mentioned I was hiding the menu by setting the div 'MenuContainer'
          style to 'Display:none' .
          Now I just added 'objMenu.Hide( )' before setting the div style and it
          worked. I think the markup gets cleaned by hide() method.
          But surprisingly I didn't find this method documented for
          'YAHOO.widget. Menu' or 'YAHOO.widget. MenuModule' class.

          Thanks anyways,
          Prafulla

          --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "prafulam_2000"

          > I have created a server control which renders the yahoo menu inside a
          > div (say 'MenuContainer' ). Above this div 'MenuContainer' I have
          > placed one more custom control - 'AAButton'. On mouse over event of
          > 'AAButton', I am displaying the div 'MenuContainer' in which menu is
          > rendered. Thus yahoo menu is poped up below the AAButton.
          > Now I have put a drop down list control under the AA button, the yahoo
          > menu pops up above the drop down list. Up to this point everything
          > works fine. But when I move the mouse out of the menu, the
          > div'MenuContainer' -style is set to 'display:none' this hides the menu
          > but erases the portion of dropdownlist above which the menu was
          rendered.
          > Also if I put the textbox in place of dropdownlist, the mouse cursor
          > doesn't change into Text-cursor, and mouse clicks dont work once menus
          > are rendered abouve it.
          > The custom button stop responding the mouse clicks once menus are
          > rendered above it.
          > This behavior is only observed in IE6, not in FireFox nor even in IE7.
          > I tried changing the z-index in the menu css but that didn't work.
          > Please let me know if there is some solution for this issue.
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          > Prafulla

        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
            Prafulla -

            For clarification: "hide" is inherited from
            YAHOO.widget.Module, that is probably why you didn't
            see it. For future reference:

            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/container/YAHOO.widget.Module.html

            Hope that helps.

            - Todd