Re: safari click and dblclick in event.js

  • Peter Michaux
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
      On 9/3/06, Peter Michaux <petermichaux@...> wrote:

      > Why does event.js check if the event is "click" in this line? Did
      > earlier versions of Safari have a problem with click in addition to
      > dblclick?
      >
      > useLegacyEvent: function(el, sType) {
      > // snip
      > if ("click" == sType || "dblclick" == sType) {

      I suppose the following answers my questions

      * Safari detection is necessary to work around the preventDefault
      * bug that makes it so you can't cancel a href click from the
      * handler. There is not a capabilities check we can use here.

      What is "a href click"? Does that mean clicking on a link in Safari 1.* and 2.0?

      Thanks,
      Peter