News scroller

  • Peter Foti
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2 7:43 AM
      Has anyone used the YUI library to create a news scroller?

      Thanks,
      Peter
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2 9:14 AM
        Peter,

        I don't know of any "marquee" solutions exactly, but Yahoo News uses YUI in its "SuperTicker" on the main page (see attached image).  In that technique, they're creating a content div with overflowing content, with css overflow set to false.  Then, they use the YUI Animation Utility's Scroll subclass to animate the scroll position of the content on click.

        Regards,
        Eric